Teeth can become drab, stained, or discolored from age, food and drink, medications, and lifestyle habits. Whatever the reason, there are many options available to go from drab to “Wow”, and your cosmetic dentist is will be delighted to consult with you to explain your best options.
Teeth whitening is perhaps the most economical smile makeover that can be achieved in a brief amount of time. When teeth are discolored from topical stain due to smoking, drinking coffee, tea, and red wine, or inadequate daily dental hygiene, your cosmetic dentist can lighten the shade of your teeth several shades. The result can be dramatic altering your smile with a change that will last for a long time. Touch up kits are available, if needed.
For a more permanent solution, porcelain veneers provide a minimally invasive option to resolve a variety of dental imperfections:
- Intrinsic stain – When teeth suffer from internal staining, the best solution is to cover the teeth requiring treatment. Whether you have one or numerous stained teeth, porcelain veneers are stain resistant and can cover problem teeth.
- Gaps between teeth – When teeth fail to emerge correctly, the result can be open spaces between teeth. With veneers, your cosmetic dentist can fabricate the covers to be placed over teeth appearing to make spaces disappear.
- Gum recession – Exposed dentin from eroding gum tissue is unattractive, but can also result in a zinging sensation when exposed to heat or cold. Covering with veneers eliminates the nerve’s exposure making this more than just a cosmetic repair.
- Chipped teeth – A chipped or broken tooth can be resolved in many ways. A veneer will cover the tooth, and provide strength to the treated tooth.
- Misshapen, crooked teeth – With many options to select to repair, the permanent solution that can be resolved in weeks is with dental veneers.
- Worn down enamel – Teeth can be made to look symmetrical again with the help of veneers.
Caring for dental veneers is identical to the care you should provide your natural teeth … daily brushing and flossing coupled with twice yearly visits to your dentist for cleaning and exam are recommended. Modest care not to bite into hard objects like ice, rock candy, and crunchy fruits and vegetables will help to protect veneers from possibly breaking or dislodging.
If your teeth are less than stellar, call 718-389-1120 to reserve an appointment with our cosmetic dentist today.