When you look into a mirror, are you pleased with what you see? Many dentists don’t ask that very important question, which is “If you could change one thing about your smile, what would it be?” And with the evolution in cosmetic dentistry, there are many things you can do to improve your smile while staying within your budget and your timeline.
Dental Veneers are one treatment option that can dramatically correct many dental imperfections. Veneers are wafer thin shells that are permanently placed on the front of teeth. They are ideally suited to correct:
- Deep dental stain – Teeth can become discolored and/or spotted for multiple reasons … medications, excessive fluoride, lifestyle habits … and these stains are so deep even cleaning teeth during your bi-annual dental visit will not eliminate them.
- Chipped or misshapen teeth – Your cosmetic dentist will make teeth appear whole and symmetrical by fabricating veneers to match surrounding healthy teeth.
- Gaps between teeth – Veneers can make those spaces disappear.
- Gum recession – Veneers are perfect to protect exposure to teeth surfaces where the gum tissue has receded due to age, over brushing, or genetics.
- Wear and tear – Teeth can become worn down from grinding, enamel can wear away, or aging can take a toll on the appearance of teeth.
Veneers can be made to cover one or several teeth. There are different options available from a composite resin veneer to a porcelain veneer.
Prior to placing the veneers, the tooth is prepared by removing a thin amount of the dental enamel. The tooth is then etched to enhance the bonding between the tooth and veneer.
The cosmetic dentist will work with the dental lab to fabricate the veneers to exact specifications taken from dental impressions. The shading of the veneers is based on the color of your natural teeth. If teeth are to be whitened, it should be completed at least a couple of weeks prior to starting treatment so that the color can be matched to newly whitened surrounding teeth.
On delivery, the dentist will make sure the veneers are a perfect fit. Slight adjustments can be made if needed. When everyone is satisfied, the veneers are permanently attached to the front of the teeth.
To learn more about this versatile cosmetic dentistry solution, contact our team at Euro Dental Studio today.